Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Kia Ora

Kia Ora ('hello') everyone,

Arrived in Auckland since last Tuesday after 11 hours of transit at Gold Coast airport. Getting through the customs at both OZ and NZ were really a hassle. Queues were long as everyone was screened thoroughly.

Anyway, I stayed in one of the many backpacker hostels in Auckland for several days to tour the neighbouring islands. Spent 2 nights on Waiheke Island at a hostel that has great view of the ocean and then travelled north to a smaller town for 2 more nights. Just moved up further north and arrived at KeriKeri this afternoon. Will be staying here over the next 2 - 3 months as fruit picking season is starting soon. Need to save some money to bungy jump in Queenstown and explore South Island during winter in June.

Eating out is expensive so I've been making my own sandwich (so sick of it) and eat instant noodles in between. As I hop from hostel to hostel, so do the leftovers of bread, eggs, butter, cheese, ham and washing powder; as is the case with other backpackers. Only managed to have a meal of rice since last Tuesday. Portion is so huge I could split it into 2 meals.

Postage stamp is expensive here, so I could only send postcards to a selected few who collect stamps. I'm having troubles uploading my pictures. Will let you guys know when it's done. In the meantime, have a great day, mate!
Pictures: An interesting advert at the bus stop, the Sky Tower & a 'Mat Salleh' pulling stunt at the top of a traffic light.

2 comments:

Andre said...

nice pictures. Take more of the surrounding areas and the food you eat.

VIENTO said...

Food I eat? I cook most of the time and occasionally just have a cup of coffee at the local bakery while reading newspaper.